17 Oct What is unique about “Laparoscopy” at International Fertility Centre
Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure that permits the doctor to look inside the pelvis like fallopian tubes, ovaries and uterus. It helps in diagnosing and treating the reproductive problems. Patients are advised to rest after laparoscopy and allowed to go home after few hours.
Laparoscopy is done to diagnose the following medical conditions:-
Cysts: Cysts are formed due to hormonal imbalances, female reproductive problems or other medical issues. Cysts are clearly screened through laparoscopy.
Adhesions: An adhesion is a band of scar tissue formed in response to body’s repair mechanism.
Fibroids: Fibroids are defined as non-cancerous tumors that grow from the muscle layers of the womb.
Abdominal Infection: The particular causes of infections are not diagnosed many of the times, however, the procedure of laparoscopy is lucrative as it enables the doctor to see clearly inside the abdomen.
In following medical conditions Laparoscopy done at the Dr. Rita Bakshi clinic
Laparoscopy is used both for the diagnosis and treatment
- For the diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis
- Used for the removal of adhesions (Scar tissue)
- Used for the treatment of ectopic pregnancy
- For the removal of ovarian cyst.
- For the removal of womb(hysterectomy) or ovaries (oophorectomy)
- For the treatment of fibroids
- For the examination of cancer disease or for removal of lymph nodes in cancer.
Advantages of laparoscopy at Dr. Rita Bakshi Clinic
Laparoscopy is a type of surgical procedure involves smaller cuts if compared to open surgery. Due to smaller cuts, scars would be smaller and hence patient would recover quickly. Some of the advantages of laparoscopy include:
- Due to smaller cuts in laparoscopy stay in hospital is shorter.
- Scars would be smaller as smaller cuts are done.
- Scar is recovered more quickly and cause less pain.
If you have any query related to this, Please let us know by submitting your queries in the section mentioned below or write us at email@example.com