Oats are one of the well-known healthy foods for everyone. The question is whether it is equally healthy for pregnant moms?
The answer is yes, it is healthy for women during pregnancy. In fact, it is listed in the top 10 foods recommended in pregnancy. Oats provides you high energy, complex carbohydrates and keeps you away from indigestion issues as it has high fiber content. Also, it is loaded with minerals like potassium, iron and other nutrients like selenium, phosphorous, calcium, vitamin E and vitamin B1. Oats play a key role in providing would-be mother’s body with the adequate folate (folic acid).
Why add Oats in your pregnancy diet?
- Half cup of oats contains around 50 grams of carbohydrate and 300 calories. This is enough to give a boost of energy and keep you active through the day.
- Oats are packed with complex carbohydrates that aid in digestion and keep sugar levels in control.
- It is rich in dietary fiber and thereby, prevents constipation, which is commonly observed in expecting women.
- Oats are rich in minerals that improve bone health and ensure proper fetal growth.
- Oats have vitamin B1 and Vitamin E that helps in breaking down of fat molecules and protein and keeps mucus membranes in good health. It also detoxifies the body from unwanted toxins and bring healthy glow.
- Oats are rich in folic acid, which helps in preventing a few genetic disorders in your unborn baby.
- Oats are full of iron. Women who eat oats on daily basis are safe from conditions like anemia.
Ways to add Oats in your pregnancy diet:
- You can replace oat flour with oat cookies
- Add oats to a bowl of sweetened warm milk along with nuts and sliced fruits.
- If you prefer low-sugar diet, you can spice up your oat recipe. Add vegetables and spices to your bowl of cooked oats.
Eating right during pregnancy can be difficult, but if we make small healthy changes in our diet then nutrition is not compromised at all for you and the little one inside you. Incorporating oats in your diet for breakfast is one of the right healthy choices you can make in your pregnancy. Also it is a very versatile cereal and there are various ways to prepare it so that it suits your palate.
If you have any query related to this, Please let us know by submitting your queries in the section mentioned below or write us at email@example.com