31 Jul Female Infertility: It’s Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
All the couples around the world who are suffering from infertility often become the victim of wrong information provided to them by either their family and friends or their medical specialist who has wrongly diagnosed them. Infertility could be cause due to many reasons and it can be present in both males and females or sometimes its case of unexplained infertility in any of the partner.
Female infertility can be caused due to numerous reasons that include problems related to ovulation, damaged fallopian tubes or uterus and issues related to the cervix. The aging of a woman also leads the declension in her reproductive health and increase’s the chance of infertility.
Causes for the ovulation related issues are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Presence of tumour or cyst
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Problem related to thyroid gland
There are other issues that are related to fallopian tubes such as:
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Endometriosis fibroids
- Scar tissue or adhesion
- Birth defect
- Previous ectopic pregnancy
- Polyps in the uterus
Female Infertility can be diagnosed by using these tests that are enlisted below:
- A urine or blood test to detect any infection of hormonal imbalance.
- Evaluation of cervical mucus to detect ovulation issues.
- Laparoscopy can be performed to check any blockage, adhesion or scar tissue.
- Hysterosalpingography (HSG): An HSG involves inserting a dye or saline into the cervix through X- ray or ultrasound in order to check the blockage of the fallopian tubes
Although these issues are increasing everyday but female infertility can be treated through various treatments that are available to us. Now infertile women have options to experience motherhood. The following can be used in order to treat female infertility:
- One of the most common treatments is by providing fertility drugs such as Clomifene.
- Medications are provided for ovarian stimulation
- Treatment like In-vitro fertilization (IVF) and intrauterine insemination (IUI).
- A donor egg is used in case of poor quality of eggs
- Surrogacy is the final choice that any infertile woman has after the failure of other treatments.
Medical science with its advancement has brought various options for infertile couple and has provided them great relief from their anxiety of being childless.