Once you deliver your baby, you enter the postpartum phase. It can be a big challenge for you to recover from delivery, especially if you had a cesarean delivery but worry not, here are a few tips you can follow for smoother and quicker recovery.
- Walking soon after delivery will do well to you. You can start walking slowly right after 24 hours of delivery. Wake up slowly from the bed and you can walk around the corridors for few minutes.
- Once you make walking a part of your daily routine and gradually, increase the duration of walking, you will feel lighter and more relaxed than ever before. In the initial days, take a stroll or slow walks for 10-15 minutes every day for better blood flow and to feel active throughout the day.
- Avoid itching cesarean scars so that it does not worsen. It might cause a lot of itching sensations but never touch them. Itching is a sign that the stitches are healing. Let them heal and they will settle down in a few weeks.
- Avoid lifting your baby as it may build up pressure on the abdominal area resulting in opening of the stitches. This will make your c-section scar area prone to catching unwanted infections. Also when breastfeeding, choose a position that does not put pressure on the stitches.
- If you eat right and drink a lot of water, you will stay away from gastric issues such as indigestion, constipation, stomach aches. Hence, prefer eating more fibrous and drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. You can also take anti-gas medications prescribed by your doctor to get relief from indigestion issues.
- Nursing your baby soon after c-section is a great idea to fasten your recovery process. It is also helpful for your baby’s overall health. Opt for breastfeeding position that is comfortable for both you and your baby.
- You should always aim for adequate sleep for faster recovery of your c-section marks. Having a sound sleep will keep unnecessary tensions away and make you feel lighter.
It is a moment of priceless joy when you see your baby in front of your eyes and hold it in your arms. It is overwhelming for every woman and it makes forget all the discomfort and worries. Once you Cesarean delivery is done, you may have experience nausea but it disappears in a day or two. However, you may have a severe backache lasting for weeks. Hence, you need to be moderately active, avoid doing strenuous work and keep yourself in good health for quick and smooth recovery.
If you have any query related to this, Please let us know by submitting your queries in the section mentioned below or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org