The innermost lining of your uterus is called the Endometrium. It has a thick texture and plays a key role in protecting your fetus from external factors, ensuring viable implantation and ensuring proper nutrition to the fetus. Hence, it is important for women to have a thick and healthy endometrial lining to achieve a successful pregnancy.
In order to have the desired endometrial or uterine lining, women must have adequate estrogen hormone levels. An average endometrial lining should be at least 8 mm and less than 7 mm is considered as poor endometrial lining.
Indications of Poor endometrial lining:
- Irregular or abnormal menstruation.
- Severe pain during menstruation.
- Mild or severe menstrual bleeding.
- Fertility issues.
Tips to achieve good endometrial lining:
- Natural herbs such as Red jelly, Red clover etc help in stabilizing estrogen levels and hence, improves the endometrial lining.
- Staying physically active improves blood flow to reproductive organs including uterus and therefore, keeps it healthy.
- Apply castor oil as a part of therapy. It helps in detoxifying your body and increases flow of blood to your uterus and hence, ensures adequate estrogen hormone levels.
- Hysteroscopy can be done to examine the uterine cavity and determine the endometrial lining. It is also helpful in clearing uterine adhesions causing endometrial lining.
- Adding external estrogen orally or as topical gel helps in providing the adequate amount of estrogen required for a good endometrial thickness.
- GCSF (Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor) therapy is practiced to improve endometrial thickness helps to elevates the endometrial thickness which lead to resolve the fertility issues related to thin Endometrium.
A good endometrium is one of the key to a successful implantation and pregnancy. It must be monitored from the beginning of the cycle till the ovulation period especially in patients with a history of thin endometrium.