25 Jul Male Infertility: Cause, Type and Treatment
In many of the infertility cases the male partner is equally responsible for the failure of natural conception. Male infertility can be defined, as a condition where a male partner is unable to contribute to the process of fertilization and the female partner is fertile enough for the pregnancy to occur. The emergence of male infertility has changed the scenario as earlier it was believed that only females are infertile and there is nothing wrong with their male partners.
There can be numerous reasons for male infertility such as:
- Varicocele in which the vein that drains the testicle swells and results in reduction of sperm quality.
- Infections that can interfere in the production of sperm and can cause scarring tissue that blocks passage of the sperm.
- Issues related to ejaculation.
- Presence of antibodies attacking the sperm.
- Imbalance in the hormonal level.
- Tubal defects which leads to the transport of the sperms.
Male infertility is of various types affecting the process of fertilization and depriving the couples of parenthood, which are as follows:
- Oligozoospermia wherein the number of sperm produced are very low.
- Asthenzoosperima that leads to the reduction of sperm motility.
- Teratozoospermia a condition of increased abnormal sperms.
- Azoospermia where there is no sperm present in the ejaculate.
- Immunological infertility where the anti-sperm antibodies attached itself to the sperm hindering their motility.
Through the advancement in medical science, male infertility can be treated through various treatments, which are enlisted below:
- Varicocele can be corrected through surgery.
- Infection can be treated through antibiotics that can cure the reproductive tract.
- Hormonal imbalance can be stabilized via medications.
- Through assisted reproductive technologies that include procedures like IVF and ICSI.
Through these measures male infertility can be cured and a hope can be given to all men that are infertile.
If you have any query related to this, Please let us know by submitting your queries in the section mentioned below or write us at email@example.com
Dr. Rita Bakshi is a well renowned gynaecologsts and obstetrician with a rich experience of more than 20 years in the field of Assisted Reproductive technology (ART). Dr. Rita has extensive experience in all fields of assisted conception, with a special interest in IVF and Egg Donor Surrogacy. She’s also the founder of ADIVA group of Hospitals.
During the past two decades of service, Dr. Rita Bakshi has brought happiness to thousands of couples and performed over 6000 caesarean sections, 3000 Hysterectomies, 1000 cases of IVF annually with a success rate of over 45%. She takes your dreams seriously and focuses on the long term and best interests of the child, the surrogate and the intended parent(s).
She is running India’s largest network of fertility centers with headquarters in New Delhi. Over a span of 10 years, she began to develop a national reputation for excellence in both pregnancy and delivery rates. Having dream project to help couples towards Parenthood, Dr. Rita Bakshi IVF Doctor in Delhi set- up various IVF and ICSI centers in several cities of India including Jaipur, Sonipat and Bikaner.