16 Jan Easy Tips to Relieve Morning Sickness During Pregnancy
Half of the pregnant women experience morning sickness. Morning sickness is observed in the early hours of the morning and it eases up as day goes on. The symptoms of morning sickness might be unpleasant for you but luckily, it disappears by the end of first trimester. In the meantime, you can follow the below effective tips that will help you cope up with the ll-effects of morning sickness:
- Avoid having an empty stomach
- Aim for six small meals at a gap of three hours daily
- Avoid eating spicy and fatty foods
- Refrain from cold or frozen foods or drinks
- Drink small amounts of fluid throughout the day
- Drink ginger tea as it soothes your stomach and prevents nausea
- Inhale the aroma of a freshly cut lemon whenever needed. The scents of peppermint, ginger or lavender may also help
- Take short naps during the day
- Do not wake up in a hurry. Sit for 5-10 minutes and then get up
- Do mild physical exercises or walk for 30 minutes a day
Why does it happen?
There is no exact reason that causes vomiting because of morning sickness. However, common causes may result in morning sickness are as follows:
Rise in hCG hormone
hCG or Human chorionic gonadotropin hormone levels fluctuate a lot during pregnancy. There is no proven association of hCG hormone with nausea, but it can be a possible reason as nausea may happen due to rise in hCG. Women with multiple pregnancy have higher levels of hCG and this is why, they experience higher conditions of vomiting and nausea.
Rise in Estrogen
Estrogen has the same effects like hCG hormone, leading to vomiting in pregnant women.
Increased sensitivity to smell or odor
It is common for a pregnant mother to develop high sensitivity to unpleasant or pungent smell. This can be a possible cause of nausea.
A pregnant woman’s stomach may become sensitive, which might trigger sensations of nausea or vomit.
Stress has various ill-effects on a woman during her pregnancy. One of the ill-effects is nausea or vomiting. Stress may induce constipation, gastrointestinal distress, overeating, loss of appetite, ultimately causing nausea.
Having a glass of lemon juice or a cup of ginger tea helps treat morning sickness naturally. Also, prefer eating small frequent meals, drink water before or after meals, taking small naps and staying away from warm places are effective ways to deal with morning sickness. I hope my suggestions are helpful to you.
If you have any query related to this, Please let us know by submitting your queries in the section mentioned below or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org