28 Dec Ginger is the new “Superfood” for pregnant moms
Ginger is a ‘super food’ and has been used as a culinary and therapeutic agent for centuries. It is safe to consume ginger during natural pregnancy or through IVF treatment in India. Ginger is great as long it is taken in healthy amounts. However, you need to be more careful in the first trimester.
Benefits of Ginger during pregnancy
- Promotes enough blood supply as it boosts blood flow and ensures enough blood supply to our growing baby.
- Regulates your cholesterol level and thereby, reduces risk of high cholesterol levels.
- Acts a soothing agent and relieves from morning sickness and nausea.
- Cures cold and cough as it has an exceptional ability to boost immunity and recover quickly.
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels and helps maintain high energy levels. It also treats fatigue.
- Improves absorption of nutrients and thus, increases nutrient flow to your baby.
- Reduce bloating and gastric issues.
- Eases abdominal, lower back or joint pains during pregnancy.
- Boosts supply of vitamin C and iron and supports your growing baby’s immune system. Therefore, it lowers the risk of congenital disabilities.
Ways to include
- Mix one teaspoon ginger juice in one cup of hot water, Leave for five minutes and drink.
- Add chopped ginger to steamed vegetables.
- Mix shredded ginger in soups.
- Make a soothing ginger tea with mint leaves or cinnamon.
- Ginger has low sodium content so it can be used as a substitute for salt.
If you have any query related to this, Please let us know by submitting your queries in the section mentioned below or write us at email@example.com